We Simplify Tutoring
Campus Brainiac is a web and mobile application that simplifies peer tutoring. Our application facilitates messaging, booking, and payments--you focus on what's important: learning. Put simply, we want you to worry less and learn more.
Find a Brainiac
Ever get stuck on something? Whether it's an essay, exam, or project, now you can get help in minutes. See Whos' on campus and available for speed tutoring sessions, or just book in advance. Search by subject or course code as well as reviews to find the best Brainiac for you.
Be a Brainiac
Did you ace a first year course? Do you have mad ball skills? Could you teach someone how to write an essay or even create a workout plan? If you're good, you have what it takes to be a Brainiac. It's that simple. Charge what you want and teach when you want. Campus Brainiac will give you the tools, the tech and the tips you need to make some extra money off your brain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Terms of Services
The terms and conditions stated herein (collectively, the Agreement) constitute a legal agreement between you (the user) and Campus Brainiac Corp., a Canadian corporation (the Company). This Agreement sets forth the terms and governs your use of the Campus Brainiac Tutoring Application (CB or the Application). By creating a CB account and/or by downloading the mobile application, you agree to be bound by these terms.
There are two types of Application users: student-users and tutor-users(Brainiacs). CB is a service that connects student-users with tutor-users. Tutor-users will have knowledge of the subject areas in which the student-users need help. The determination that a tutor-user has knowledge of as subject area will be based only upon review of the tutor-users transcript. All users, student-users and tutor-users, must read and agree to these terms and conditions. Your use of the Application as either a student-user or a tutor-user will be additional evidence of your agreement to these terms.
Your use of the Application is licensed only on the condition that you agree to the terms and conditions set forth below. PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
The Company reserves the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Application at any time. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued use of the Application after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Access to and use of the Application is by permission of the Company only, and only for users who accept this Agreement. The Company may grant or withhold access to the Application and may terminate your account in its sole discretion.
Based on the foregoing and for other good and valuable consideration, you and Company agree as follows:
Users. Student-users are students currently enrolled at a Canadian or American college or university with a valid student email address. Student-users will designate that they wish to use the Application as a student-user. Tutor-users are students currently enrolled at a Canadian or American college or university with a valid student email address and valid government issue ID. Tutor-users will designate that they wish to use the Application as a tutor-user and must separately apply to be a tutor-user with the Company. As part of the application process, tutor-users must provide a valid and current screen shot of course grades, student ID and government issue ID. Tutor-users are sub contractors with the Company and in no way employees.
Account. Along with agreeing to these terms and conditions, all users must provide the Company with certain identifying information, including your name and student email address. All users must have a valid Account that will allow you to access the Application.
Account Information. The information collected and stored by the Company regarding each user. A users Account Information will provide the user access to the Application and allow the Company to identify the user. Account Information will be collected when the user signs up and additional information may be requested by the Company as necessary.
CB Application. The Application facilitates the connection of tutor-users and student-users. Student-users may enter information related to tutoring services or homework help that the student-user needs. Tutor-users may access information related to student-user needs and set up a tutoring session. The Application provides a messaging system that may be used by student-users and tutor-users to schedule tutoring sessions and communicate.
2. License Grant. Under this Agreement, the Company grants to you a nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicensable license, for your internal use only, for the term of this Agreement, to access and use the Application and any users guides, specifications, and other related documentation available online (the Documentation), subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Requirements for Users. All users must be 18-years old or older. All users must be enrolled in a Canadian or American college or university and have a current and valid student email address.
4. Ownership of Application. Company retains all rights to the Application and the Documentation not specifically granted in this Agreement. The Company owns the Application and the Documentation and all copyright and other intellectual property rights contained within them, and this Agreement does not transfer to you any title to or any proprietary or intellectual property rights in or to the Application, any updates or derivative works to them, or the Documentation, or any copyrights, patent rights, or trademarks embodied or used in connection with them, except for the rights expressly granted in this Agreement. The Application and the Documentation are protected by Canadian laws and international treaty provisions.
YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY, OR MODIFY THE APPLICATION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT.
5. Restrictions. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you shall not (a) modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or attempt to derive the source code of the Application; (b) rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, distribute, transmit, or otherwise transfer the Application access to any third party; (c) make any copy of or otherwise reproduce the Application (or any of the browser screens comprising the Application user interface) except for copies necessarily made by the personal computer and Internet browser that are running the Application; or (d) use the Application to provide service bureau or time-sharing services; or (e) disclose your Account Information to any third party.
You agree to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your Account Information to ensure that no unauthorized person will have access to it, and that no persons authorized to have access will make any unauthorized use. You shall promptly report to Company any unauthorized use of the Application of which you become aware and shall take such further steps as may reasonably be requested by Company to prevent unauthorized use of the Application.
6. Your Obligations. You are solely responsible for the following: (a) providing all hardware, software, and communications capabilities required for use of the Application; (b) generating, providing, and loading your data into the Application; and (c) providing and maintaining, at all times during the term of this Agreement, the Internet access necessary for your use of the Application.
7. Payment. Student-users and Tutor-users must sign-up with a third party payment system for payment processing. Student-users and tutor-users will be prompted to sign-up with a payment processor prior to scheduling any tutoring sessions. Payment is taken upon booking out of student-users account. Payment is made to student-tutor account after session is ended. Payment can be withdrawn from student tutor account at any time via PayPal or interact e-transfer. 2.50 charge applies if the requested deposit amount is under $50. Rates are set by student-tutors and can change at the discretion of student-tutors.
8. Term And Termination. The license granted in this Agreement is effective until terminated. The term of this Agreement and the license grant under it will commence on the date you agree to this Agreement. You may terminate the license and this Agreement at any time. Company may terminate the license and this Agreement at any time on written notice to you that you or your agent has failed to pay any amount due to Company under this Agreement. This license also terminates automatically on your failure to comply with any of the other terms of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement, you will no longer be able to access your account.
9. Confidentiality. You agree that you shall not disclose to any third party the Application or any portion of it, any technical, product, or business information, or any information that Company identifies as confidential (collectively, Confidential Information) related to the Application without the prior written consent of Company. You shall maintain the confidentiality of all Confidential Information and shall not use it for any purpose other than the performance of this Agreement.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information does not include information that you can demonstrate was (a) publicly available at the time of disclosure, or later became publicly available through no act or omission by you; (b) in your possession before disclosure by Company; or (c) disclosed to you by a third party not in violation of any obligations of confidentiality to Company or to any third party.
10. Indemnification. By entering into this Agreement and using the Application, you agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold the Company, its licensors and each such partys parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, users, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with: (a) your violation or breach of any term of this Agreement or any applicable law or regulation, whether or not referenced herein; (b) your violation of any rights of any third party, including providers of tutoring services arranged via the Application; or (c) your use or misuse of the Application.
11. Limitation of Liability. You are not entitled to receive damages from Company for any cause relating to this Agreement, to your use of the Application, to any services provided by the Company under this Agreement, or to any services provided by any third party in connection with your use of the Application. In addition, in no event will you be entitled to obtain any injunctive relief or enjoin, restrain, or otherwise interfere with the Company or with the distribution, operation, development, or performance of the Application or any related products.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE APPLICATION. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT, AND EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. AS SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE COMPANY OFFERS USERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET OTHER USERS FOR THE PURPOSES OF RECEIVING OR PROVIDING TUTORING SERVICES. WE WILL NOT ASSESS THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY TUTOR-USER AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO ANY OTHER USER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TUTORS REQUESTED THROUGH THE APPLICATION MAY NOT BE CERTIFIED OR HAVE PRIOR TUTORING EXPERIENCE. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO DISPUTES, NEGOTIATIONS OF DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER USER. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE APPLICATION RESTS SOLELY WITH YOU. WE WILL NOT ASSES THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION OR SERVICE, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTIES INTRODUCED TO YOU BY THE APPLICATION.
THE QUALITY OF THE TUTORING SERVICES SCHEDULED THROUGH THE USE OF THE APPLICATION IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER- TUTOR. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE APPLICATION YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO SITUATIONS THAT ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE APPLICATION AND THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE APPLICATION. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, APPLICATION, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (E) ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (F) THE APPLICATION OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE APPLICATION AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN AS IS BASIS.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN FROM CUSTOM, USAGE, OR THE COURSE OF DEALING BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. IN ADDITION, THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION AT ALL TIMES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT INTERNET CONGESTION AND OUTAGES, AS WELL AS MAINTENANCE, DOWNTIME, AND OTHER INTERRUPTIONS, MAY INTERFERE AT TIMES WITH YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION.
12. Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
13. Force Majeure. If the performance of Company under this Agreement is prevented, hindered, or otherwise made impractical because of flood, strike, war, acts of government, or any other casualty or cause beyond the control of Company, then Company will be excused from its performance to the extent and as long as it is prevented, hindered, or delayed by any of these events.
14. Severability. If any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, the invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other provision of this Agreement.
15. No Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement or any of the rights granted by Company under it, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Company, and any attempt to do so is a breach of this Agreement. This Agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
16. Export Control. You agree to obey and comply with all applicable United States laws, rules, and regulations governing the export of software.
17. Acknowledgment And Exclusivity. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY, AND THAT IT SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL, PRIOR AGREEMENT, OR UNDERSTANDING, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.
So you want to join the team?
Help spread the word about Campus Brainiac by promoting us at your campus!
What is a Brainiac Campus Ambassador?
- You're someone who knows your school well! You also know the struggles students face when it comes to learning something new.
- You only wish you had something like Campus Brainiac when you were in first year so you could stop stressing before exams.
- You're someone who is energetic, likes to talk to people and loves to get involved.
What do Ambassadors do?
- You're responsible for one thing! Getting people to use and love Campus Brainiac.
- We will give you everything you need to get started. Posters, promotional material, awsome swag and more.
- We want to hear your ideas on how to get people using Campus Brainiac. We will give you the resources you need to make it happen.
What do I get out of this?
- Campus Brainiac is going to change the way people learn on campuses all over the world. We are going to change the tutoring industry the same way Uber changed the taxi industry. You will be in the middle of the action and get real world experience that will take your resume to the next level.
- You will earn bonuses based on performance and can win prizes throughout the semester if your campus stands out above the rest.
- You will get to see your marketing campaigns and ideas come to life.
- You will be one of first in line when we hire additional staff for our admin team.
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your Student ID, Student Email, Legal ID and Current Corse Grades;
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including your email address, full name, university, field of study, degree, graduation year, industry, job title, biography, teaching experience, work history, educational history, and subject expertise;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address;
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet including your user name, your profile picture and the content of your question answers and posts;
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication;
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us;
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalize our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- supply to you services purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service);
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India and Canada.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 6.
Retaining personal information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of a government issued ID).
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- The purposes for which cookies are used, are set out below:
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 39) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 44), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11 );
- in Firefox (version 39), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- in Chrome (version 44), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Campus Brainiac Corp.
- We are a Canadian corporation at Biolinc Cairns 209,1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way, St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, or by email to info@CampusBrianiac.com